Sunday, July 12, 2009

Welcome

I've long had an interest in spiritual formation and spiritual growth. More recently, I've been periodically evaluating the status of my soul. The question, "Is it well with my soul?" often comes to my mind (based on a favorite hymn, "It Is Well with My Soul"). We constantly evaluate the health of our bodies, minds, money, relationships, and so on, so why not our souls?

Soul care is easily neglected because our souls are invisible and untouchable. Despite the unseen nature of the soul, the evidence of its health can be seen in our lives in the way we treat others, our focus on instant gratification, the amount of peace we experience, and so on.

I'm starting this blog because I care about my soul's health and that of others, I think about these topics often, and I need an outlet for my thoughts. Whether or not anyone reads my posts, I'd like a place where I can effectively journal my thoughts.

If you find this subject interesting, I welcome you to enter the conversation or just browse. As is stated in the blog's description, my perspective here is decidedly Christian, so please keep that in mind as you read and comment. I am primarily writing for the benefit of myself and other Christians.

2 comments:

  1. Elise - as always, you are such an encouragement to me and I am excited to read your thoughts. My favorite hymn is "It is Well with my Soul" - such a deep challenge. Even had it played at my wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, thanks for checking it out! Wish we could interact in person.

    ReplyDelete